Ways To Give
Cash or Check
You can mail a check to:
Christ Church United Methodist
5091 Caldwell Mill Road
Birmingham, AL 35242
“Our giving as a church family is not rooted in something we have to do, but something we get to do. Giving is an act of worship…”
Money given to this fund goes toward the overall, yearly budget.
Use this designation if you would like to donate directly to the missions fund. This includes both local and global missions.
Money given to this designation will go directly to our mortgage debt reduction.
Other Ways to Give
Stocks and Mutual Fund Giving
Did you know appreciated stocks, mutual funds, and bonds in a taxable investment portfolio can be transferred as gifts to support Kingdom work? Giving stocks (that you have held for more than one year) directly to a ministry provides a significant opportunity to avoid capital gains tax, receive a deduction at the full-market value of the securities, and simplify your giving. In fact, giving appreciated stock can be more beneficial than giving cash!
Give from your Roth IRA
If you are age 70½ or older, you can make gifts directly from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA) to Christ Church without paying income tax on the withdrawal.
- You must be age 70½ or older at the time the gift is made.
- You must request from the IRA plan custodian a direct transfer of funds to Christ Church for the gift to be tax-free (also known as a Qualified Charitable Distribution).
- Gifts can be used to satisfy your IRA required minimum distribution each year.
- Each person may give up to $100,000 annually.
- Gifts can be designated for a specific Christ Church project or where most needed.
Funds held in 401(k), 403(b), or tax-deferred annuity plans are not eligible but may be rolled over into a Standard IRA, then used to make tax-free gifts to ministry. Gifts from a SEP-IRA and SIMPLE IRA may qualify but should be discussed with your professional tax advisor.
When instructing your IRA plan custodian to make a gift, please request that your name and address as the donor be included with the check, or contact us in advance to provide this information so we may credit it to your account accurately.